There are times when you want to save your computer or laptop screen display if there is important information. Instead of taking photos or taking notes, taking screenshots will be much more practical. So, you need to know how to screenshot in Windows easily by using various methods.
There are various methods that you can do to take screenshots in Windows, either using an application or without using an application. For example, you can use the key combination on your keyboard to screenshot in Windows. If you want to know how to screenshot in Windows, here are 6 methods you can try:
1. Using PrtScn Key
By pressing the Print Screen or PrtScn key, the entire screen display is automatically captured and entered into the clipboard. However, on some laptops, you need to use the Fn key to perform this function. If you want to know how to screenshot in Windows using this method, do the following steps:
- Press the PrtScn key on the keyboard.
- Open Microsoft Paint, right-click, and select Paste.
- Then, a screenshot will appear and you can save it by clicking the diskette logo in the upper left corner.
2. Using Game Bar
If you are playing a game and want to take a screenshot, you can use this method. So, this screenshot feature will only work in Xbox games and apps. The following are the steps you can take if you want to screenshot in Windows using this method:
- Open the Xbox app, then open the settings menu and press the Game DVR tab.
- Check the box “record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR”.
- When you are running a game, you can simply press the Windows + G key combination.
- Then, a pop-up overlay will appear with various menus that you can choose from.
- You can select the camera icon to capture the game display in the form of pictures.
- You can see the results in the Video/Capture folder.
3. Using Windows + Shift + S
This is a screenshot method in Windows that you can do easily. By using this key combination, you can capture the screen display more to your liking. If you want to know how to screenshot in Windows using this method, here are the steps you should take:
- Press Windows key + Shift + S on your keyboard.
- After pressing the button, the screen will become darker and your cursor will change to a plus logo.
- To capture the screen display according to the area you want, you just need to click and drag.
- The screenshot will be saved in the clipboard.
If you want to open a screenshot, you can open it via Microsoft Paint. After opening Microsoft Paint, right-click and select paste, then your screenshot will appear immediately. Next, you can save it by clicking the diskette logo on the Microsoft Paint toolbar.
4. Using Win + H
Do you want your screenshots to be immediately open in certain applications? In Windows, you can do what you want by simply pressing two key combinations. If you want to use this method for screenshots in windows, here are the steps:
- You simply press the Windows + H key combination.
- These key combinations will screenshot the active window and bring up a dialog box to open the image in another application.
- Then, you can choose which application you want to use to open screenshots.
5. Using Win + Print Screen
This is a very easy and simple way for you to take screenshots in windows. This is because you only need two key combinations to do so. The following are the steps you can take if you want to screenshot in windows:
- Press the Win key + Print Screen on your keyboard.
- Then, the screenshot will be directly saved in the “Screenshot” folder on your Windows laptop. So, by using this method, you no longer need to open and use Microsoft Paint.
- In the “Screenshot” folder you will find a screenshot file that has a png format.
6. Using Snipping Tool
Windows has a built-in application, namely Snipping Tools. With this application, you can capture the screen display according to the area you want. In addition, you can still crop the screenshots according to your needs.
You can also add doodles to your screenshots to explain things to make them easier to understand. If you want to know how to screenshot in Windows using this application, here are the steps:
- Open the Snipping Tool application and select New.
- If you want to select a specific shape, you can click the arrow on the left side.
- Select the area you want to screenshot.
- Then, your laptop or computer screen will display a screenshot preview.
- You can save a screenshot by clicking the diskette icon on the top left.
These are 6 easy methods on how to screenshot in Windows. You can choose one method that suits your needs and preferences. By knowing these methods, you will not miss important information and it is easier to convey your screen display information for various purposes.